Thursday, February 11, 2010

Nature and the city

All of you visitors that have been to the Randstad region (this is what we call the area in between the major cities in the West of the Netherlands. In between Amsterdam, Utrecht, Den Haag and of course Rotterdam. In between these cities are smaller communities, but most of are getting bigger and bigger and causing for the whole of the randstad to become one dencily populated area) know that nature is something we could use more of.

Luckily Rotterdam has some really nice parcs. Some small, some big(ger). Whenever I travel, I'll always go to parcs or botanical gardens. I just love these places where nature and city come together. So, if you would like to do the same while visiting Rotterdam, these are my favorite nature spots:

1. Kralingse Bos (with a big swimming pond, horse tracks, small sailing boats, and a tiny beach). This is actually quite an old parc with beautiful trees. This is definitely my favorite spot.

 




View Larger Map





The rest will follow soon!

I have to go out for lunch... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment