Thursday, February 11, 2010

Winter wonderland


It is winter in Rotterdam. It has been so for many weeks. Almost 2 months even. We get winter every year of course, but this year it is a full proper winter, with winter wonder lands.

We are not really build for this kind of weather, at least not for a longer period of time. We like snow and ice for a couple of days... and if we want more, we go visit the snow and ice. Not the other way around!

The first days of snow every body is out enjoying it. Riding the sledge, making snowmans, having snowball fights or just enjoying the scenery and going for a walk. But after a couple of days, we just get moody! We want spring! And the birds too!

I am a bird lover. I might just house the only two fully freerange Rotterdam city garden chicken in town. I hope there are more happy free range chickens in town, but I haven't met them yet. Next to my chicken, all the other neigherhood birds seem to like my garden as well. I put hay down and fresh (unfrozen!) water and food twice a day. I love helping and watching my little feathered Rotterdamish friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment